A Data Science Central Community
This post is part of our blog post series on data science case studies and success stories.
Analyticbridge improved open rates by 300%, and dramatically improved total clicks and click-through rates using the following strategies:
1. Remove subscribers who did not open the newsletter during the last 8 deployments
This produced a spectacular increase in open rate, and also significantly improved our "spam score", as our newsletter chances of ending up in a spam box or a spam trap is reduced to almost 0.
2. Segmentation of subscriber base to better target members, for instance to send a UK conference announcement to members located in Europe, but not to members in Asia or America.
3. Detect and stop sending messages that produce low open rates
4. Capturing member information (profession, experience, industry, location etc.) on sign up to create better segments.
5. Grow the list by
6. A/B testing in real time when deploying a email blast: try 3 different subject lines with 3,000 subscribers, then use the subject line with highest click through rate for the remaining 40,000 subscribers.
7. Identify patterns in subject lines that work well
Example of successful articles recently posted:
Read our previous case study: Quickly start and optimize keyword advertising campaigns on Google ...