Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

Healthcare Datamining (16)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Do EHR = Electronic Health Records MEET their intended goals, including transparent PREDICTIVE ANALYTIC ability?

The following blog gives a very positive impression of the current state of ELECTRONIC HEALTH RECORDS and ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS, but i…

Started by Gary D. Miner, Ph.D.

3 Aug 11, 2013
Reply by Steven Paul Sanderson II

Are the HOPES for discovery of CURES for disease coming from EMR, BIG DATA, and PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS realistic?

We are seeing more and more discussions about ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS and the possibilities of more efficient, more cost effective, and…

0 Aug 6, 2013

There must be a 'BETTER WAY' if we want BIG DATA, EHR, and PREDICTIVE ANALYTICS to save us health care dollars ?

Blair Butterfield in a BLOG yesterday discusses EHR and BIG DATA. The essence of the message is presented in one of his paragraphs, as foll…

0 Aug 6, 2013

What is the "Predictive Value" of Clinical Trials? do they meet our expectations?

In a recent post on clinical trials, one person was quoted as saying: ".....(what is the) definition of a successful clinical trial? ANSWER…

2 Jul 29, 2013
Reply by Herb Weisberg

Can Predictive Analysis of big data from military develop models that predict suicide?

Everyday, 22 U.S. veterans take their own lives, an average of one every 65 minutes, according to a recent government report. In 2012, suic…

0 Jul 15, 2013

Use of decision trees in nursing homes

Hello, I am doing my master thesis on the use of decision trees in Nursing Homes but have not found any reference to their use. Mostly, it…

Started by Salman Badr

0 May 21, 2009

RSS

On Data Science Central

© 2020   TechTarget, Inc.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service