Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

Joseph Foutz's Discussions (32)

Discussions Replied To (22) Replies Latest Activity

"Obviously, it’s hard to make general statements without knowing a lot about how the…"

Joseph Foutz replied Apr 25, 2011 to Security Information Management

3 Apr 25, 2011
Reply by Joseph Foutz

"It’s an interesting problem with no clear answers.  And there are perimeters, but a…"

Joseph Foutz replied Apr 25, 2011 to Security Information Management

3 Apr 25, 2011
Reply by Joseph Foutz

"The Poisson distribution is likely the best way to approach this problem.  Instead o…"

Joseph Foutz replied Jan 25, 2011 to what is a better way to spare parts forecasting

11 Apr 27, 2016
Reply by Abhishek Chakraborty

"Thanks for the suggestions, I very much appreciate them.  I found one more option th…"

Joseph Foutz replied Dec 20, 2010 to Can someone offer a suggestion for a good end-user report designer?

3 Dec 20, 2010
Reply by Joseph Foutz

"It's not widely used, but a close friend of mine has had good success with Rare Even…"

Joseph Foutz replied Jul 6, 2010 to Oversampling/Undersampling in Logistic Regression

7 Mar 7, 2018
Reply by Jacob Zahavi

"I'd take FrontLine's XPRESS over IBM's CPLEX. Personal choice. A variety of reasons,…"

Joseph Foutz replied Nov 11, 2009 to optimization software for big MIP problem

8 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Sarat Patro

"Both FrontLine Systems and Lindo Systems make solvers with no restrictions on the nu…"

Joseph Foutz replied Nov 11, 2009 to optimization software for big MIP problem

8 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Sarat Patro

"I think a completely automated tool would probably be too dangerous to actually use…"

Joseph Foutz replied Nov 11, 2009 to Automated Debugging: SQL, C++, Perl, SAS, Java, C#, Python

3 Nov 11, 2009
Reply by Ralph Winters

"Yes, the generalized ordered logit model is specifically designed for ordered outcom…"

Joseph Foutz replied Sep 21, 2009 to proportional odds assumption

4 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Ralph Winters

"The Generalized Ordered Logit model can handle non-parallel lines. I suspect that it…"

Joseph Foutz replied Sep 21, 2009 to proportional odds assumption

4 Sep 23, 2009
Reply by Ralph Winters

RSS

On Data Science Central

© 2019   AnalyticBridge.com is a subsidiary and dedicated channel of Data Science Central LLC   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service