Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

All Discussions Tagged 'Regression' (10)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Easy to use tool for estimating probability of generating a sale

Hi - I am trying to determine a good tool (that requires minimal additional effort) that will help me generate a probability of a sale for…

Started by David Collins

4 Jul 3
Reply by Rihan Varma

Techniques to address very low event rate for Logistic Regression Model

Hi Folks, I am looking at data form a telecom company and  developing model  to predict an event ( read churn). I am planning to develop…

Started by Himanshu Sinha

7 Aug 10, 2017
Reply by Zunqiu Chen

Queries in modeling

Hi all, I am from engineering background. I would require your help in certain modeling concepts. Your help would be greatly appreciated! F…

Started by Raghu Chittari

0 Dec 29, 2015

Random Forests vs MARS vs Linear regression

Hi all, I would like to get the group's view on the advantages and disadvantages of Random Forests and MARS modelling vs Linear regression.…

Started by Orestis Chrysafis

2 Feb 25, 2015
Reply by Vincent Granville

Understanding the Kalman Filter Application in Economic Time Series Data

The Kalman filter has been extensively used in Science for various applications, from detecting missile targets to just any changing scenar…

Started by Arun

2 Apr 29, 2013
Reply by Arun

Does R:NR ratio matter in deciding what technique we use for modeling?

I came across some speculation on R:NR ratio to decide the technique that needs to be employed. I haven't found any documentation or proof…

Started by Arun

2 Sep 22, 2010
Reply by Arun

Accessing robustness of a Logistic Model

Hi,I've got a Logistic model built for a particular response-non response event.The model suggests statistics that don't look like a robust…

Started by Arun

3 Aug 8, 2010
Reply by angelzhu

Discriminant Analysis on Categorical Variables

I have a set of Independent Variables - both Categorical Variables and Continuous Variables. There is the predictor variable which have cer…

Started by Arun

9 Nov 18, 2009
Reply by Arun

PROC LOGISTIC and Data Visualization Topics of Free Nov 7 Online VirtualSUG Sessions

The Virtual SAS Users Group (VirtualSUG) will present two free online sessions on November 7, 2008. Complete details, including information…

Started by Andrew Karp

0 Nov 1, 2008

Free Predictive Analytics decision engine with iGoogle

Recently, the company I work for, Zementis, released the first Predictive Analytics Engine that can be accessed anywhere at anytime. It can…

Started by Alex Guazzelli

0 Apr 24, 2008

RSS

On Data Science Central

© 2019   AnalyticBridge.com is a subsidiary and dedicated channel of Data Science Central LLC   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service