Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

All Discussions Tagged 'mining' (65)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to develop churn prediction model for telecom company?

Hi everyone, I am working in a telecom company, which is interested in developing a churn prediction model. I want to know the which steps…

Started by m n

17 Feb 19, 2018
Reply by Richard Boire

Some Machine Learning algorithms that you should always have a strong understanding of, and why?

We studied university curricula (from computer science, stats and business schools). The top contenders are linear programming, regression,…

Started by Sai Reddy

0 Sep 22, 2014

Easiest way to learn machine learning.

There are some excellent resources here. But, I thought, the more helpful approach might be a plan and hence am adding one more answer to t…

Started by Sai Reddy

0 Aug 18, 2014

novel itemset representations based on prefix-tree nodes for frequent itemset mining

In recent years, I proposed three new kinds of data structure to represent itemsets. They are Node-list [1], N-list [2], and Nodeset [3]. T…

Started by Zhi-Hong Deng

0 Apr 10, 2014

Predictive Modeling is one of the "hottest careers", right ?

My colleague DEAN ABBOTT wrote a blog statement abut 10 months ago that is still very pertinent, I think.......titled: What do we see in Pr…

Started by Gary D. Miner, Ph.D.

0 Feb 4, 2014

BIG DATA - So how can we become data-savvy, but not data-obsessed? .........

The author of the following discussion: http://www.managementexchange.com/blog/big-data-big-intuition asks this quesiton:  "So how can we…

2 Jan 8, 2014
Reply by Paul Hiller

What can HEALTH CARE and PHARMA learn from RESTAURANTS? Here are a couple of answers .....

This discussion: http://deloitte.wsj.com/cio/2013/12/16/what-pharma-companies-can-learn-from-restaurants/#comment-18675 states: "To get hea…

0 Dec 23, 2013

Statistics needed for DS and data mining

Got into an interesting discussion today about the basic requirements for someone to learn and perform data mining within a company. While…

Started by Myles Gartland

10 Dec 18, 2013
Reply by Cole Whitney

Survival analysis of customers using text analytics

Hello Every one, I am trying to understand if we can use unstructured text data to predict customer survival. Are there any specific text…

Started by Lakshmi Narasimha Rao

2 Oct 23, 2013
Reply by Ahmed

You do NOT need to be a Ph.D. statistician to do Predictive Modeling, do you ?

Continuing on with Dr. Vincent Granville's BLOG / DISCUSSION of about a week ago, I came across another interesting BLOG on the topic of  "…

0 Sep 7, 2013

RSS

On Data Science Central

© 2019   AnalyticBridge.com is a subsidiary and dedicated channel of Data Science Central LLC   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service