My client has the need for a "right brain/left brain" strategist who is not a stranger to data and modeling for their Chicago office
The client taps into over 130 years of expertise to recommend whatever mix of marketing communications options are best for building its clients’ businesses, ranging from branding, advertising, direct and relationship marketing, promotions, retail, digital, sponsorship, and media – with a disciplined, relentless focus on creativity, accountability and metrics.
• Utilize a broad variety of data to evaluate marketing campaigns, consumer segmentation, purchase patterns, etc.
• Interact effectively with the account team, and with the client
• Make recommendations, based on business objectives and available data sources, to incorporate new analytical tools, reporting, and data-driven strategy into the advertising & direct marketing mix.
• Manage (dotted line, not official management) data specialists (statisticians, database developers, junior reporting specialists, etc.) to deliver quality projects on-time.
• Above all, the successful candidate will be a marketing person, able to turn numbers into actionable strategy.
• Seasoned marketing skills – able to make meaningful recommendations based on data. MBA a plus.
• Excellent quantitative skills – able to evaluate data meaningfully. Advanced Excel skills and basic statistics are a given, database experience and SAS/SPSS are a big plus.
• Great communication skills:
– Verbal: you will represent your analysis, findings and strategic implications to senior client marketing executives
– Written: you will need to represent findings in Word and Powerpoint documents effectively
• Dotted-line managerial skills:
– You will be a “team leader” of technical resources, whose deliverables you will need to manage
– You will work within broader account teams including Account Managers, Strategic Planning, Creative Development, Media Planning & Buying, and others.
Martin Partners L.L.C.
224 S. Michigan Ave., Suite 620
Chicago, Illinois 60604