Staff Web Data Analytics Strategist-66381
Location: Mountain View, CA
After more than 25 years, Intuit continues to transform business and financial management for small and mid-sized businesses, corporate workgroups, consumers, and accounting professionals. The company is currently going through a fundamental transformation from a shrink-wrapped software company to one of the country’s leading providers of web-based applications and solutions. Today Intuit sells more product online than major web retailers like BlueNile.com, Buy.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and CompUSA. The company has also been one of the front-runners in terms of Software-as-a-Service products: the online versions of its major applications, TurboTax Online and QuickBooks Online, have secured the loyalty of millions of paying customers and the company continues to explore new and innovate ‘disruptive’ web-based businesses (a la Clayton Christensen’s “The Innovator’s Dilemma”).
The Staff Web Analytics Strategist will join the Customer Experience team within the corporate Business Intelligence and Optimization group. He/she will provide thought leadership in web analytics tools and their applications to create a delightful, personalized end-to-end customer experience and improve business outcomes. The responsibility will include selection, design, development, support, and technical evangelism of our web analytics tool infrastructure and metadata. This individual will be responsible for building a world-class capability in all of these areas over a multi-year horizon. Key responsibilities and challenges for this position include:
• Design the overall web analytics tools architecture for a portfolio of very different businesses that will enable various business units to capture click-stream and web events data, and provide reports that will allow better web property design and actionable insight.
• Build out a world class execution capability to deliver on the web analytics strategy. This will include migrating existing web sites to new web tool platforms and providing web analytics reports to business units. A key challenge will be to build capabilities that can grow and expand to encompass not only traditional marketing and commerce web-sites but also Software as a Service product offerings and an increasing portfolio of support, service, community web-sites and rich Web 2.0 experiences.
• Act as a core member of the Customer Experience Team and help drive and resolve broader team and business issues around our general state of web research and analytics excellence.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Below are some of the key experiences or qualifications that we would ideally like to see in the candidate. Of course, candidates with just a subset of these experiences would be actively considered.
• Deep mastery of web analytics tools – Candidate must have a mastery of a wide range of web analytics tools as well as experience in data warehousing for web data.
• Proven implementation skills – This individual will be implementing a web analytics infrastructure that includes web click-stream data, web commerce data, survey data and other data related to customers. We expect the ideal candidate to have 5 years of experience in web analytics and data warehousing.
• Broad understanding of multiple technologies – These include web analytics tools (Omniture, Visual Sciences HBX, etc.), DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server), ETL (Informatica, Ascential, Ab Initio, SSIS), Reporting (Business Objects, Brio, SSRS), OLAP (SSAS, Hyperion), performance tuning for high-end hardware and storage (HP, Sun, data warehouse applicances), OS (Solaris, HP-UX, Windows, Linux).
• Best practices– The candidate should be able to synthesize best practices and mentor others within the corporation on the application of these best practices. Strong consulting skills are an asset for this position.
• Master’s degree in an appropriate technology or business-related field. Higher level degree is a plus.
Note: Our Hiring Manager is willing to consider re-scoping this role/title for a more senior candidate who would be a great addition to the team.
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE
• A reputation for unquestioned integrity and a highly developed sense of ethics.
• A passion for delivering great products and experiences to customers on time. Someone who thinks customer-in vs. technology-out.
• High energy, confidence, and ambition--someone who can consistently perform at the highest level in an extremely fast paced, dynamic and high growth environment.
• Candid, direct, and non-political.
• A passion for technology.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. (NASDAQ: INTU) is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Our revenues in FY 2008 (ending 31st July 2008) should exceed $3B and reach over 25 million customers. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices across the United States, and offices in Canada, the United Kingdom, and India. Fortune Magazine recognized Intuit as Americas Most Admired Software Company and one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2007.
Our flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax® software, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, as well as tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation software suites for professional accountants. Intuit continues to expand and grow. With the acquisition of Digital Insight in 2007, we began creating the next generation of online banking. By combining our unique blend of customer-driven innovation and emerging technology, we're developing new ways to help banks and credit unions offer easier and simpler online financial services to their consumer and small business customers. Intuit's source of success is a thoughtful blending of intense customer focus and world-class engineering.
No matter where you find us, we remain committed to creating new and easier ways for consumers and businesses to tackle life's financial chores, giving them more time to live their lives and run their businesses. As our business and product lines grow beyond accounting and into new areas, we will build on our heritage of innovation. That's not just our history. It's our future.
Please apply via
so the Hiring Manager/recruiting team can view your information directly.