Staff Web Data Warehouse Analyst- 66219
Location: Mountain View, CA
After more than 20 years, Intuit continues to transform business and financial management for small and mid-sized businesses, corporate workgroups, consumers, and accounting professionals. The company is currently going through a fundamental transformation from a shrink-wrapped software company to one of the country's leading providers of web-based applications and solutions. Today Intuit sells more product online than major web retailers like BlueNile.com, Buy.com, BarnesandNoble.com, and CompUSA. The company has also been one of the front-runners in terms of Software-as-a-Service products: the online versions of its major applications, TurboTax Online and QuickBooks Online, have secured the loyalty of millions of paying customers and the company continues to explore new and innovate 'disruptive' web-based businesses (a la Clayton Christensen's "The Innovator's Dilemma").
The Staff Web Data Warehouse Business Analyst will be part of the Customer Experience team focused on the web and work with the various business units to elicit the business requirements for a web data warehouse for the company. The goal is to use web data as a strategic advantage to optimize our web businesses in terms of delighting our customers in their shop, buy, and use experiences and achieving financial goals. Major focus areas for web research and analytics include personalization and experimentation. The data includes quantitative data (clickstream, transactions, demographic, product usage), qualitative data (surveys and usability study results), and unstructured data (problem description in English for customer support). The responsibility will include guiding business leaders to realize the maximum value out of their clickstream, search, and survey data; create business metadata; capture business processes, business rules; and define the conceptual/logical data model. Key responsibilities and challenges for this position include:
- Document and prioritize the business requirements for a portfolio of very different businesses that will enable various business units to capitalize click-stream and web events data, and gather actionable insight into the functioning of the business.
- Create functional requirements for reports (relational and OLAP) that include key web metrics, dimensions, layout, delivery mechanism, and frequency.
- Act as a core member of the Customer Experience team and help drive and resolve broader team and business issues around our general state of web customer experience.
IDEAL EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
Below are some of the key experiences or qualifications that we would ideally like to see in the candidate. Of course, candidates with just a subset of these experiences will be actively considered.
- Familiarity with Data Warehousing principles - The candidate should be familiar with data warehousing methodologies such as Kimball and Inmon.
- Deep understanding of web data - Candidate must have deep understanding of a wide range of web data such as clickstream, search, and testing.
- Proven business skills - This individual will be interfacing with business leader from various business units and should have good understanding of customer experience, marketing, web channel, and business processes around customer experience and marketing via the web channel.
- Broad understanding of multiple technologies - These include web analytics tools (Omniture, Visual Sciences HBX, etc.), DBMS (Oracle, SQL Server), ETL (Informatica, Ascential, Ab Initio, SSIS), Reporting (Business Objects, Brio, SSRS), OLAP (SSAS, Hyperion).
- MBA/B.S./B.A. degree in an appropriate technology or business-related field. Higher level degree is a plus.
IDEAL PERSONAL PROFILE
- A reputation for unquestioned integrity and a highly developed sense of ethics.
- A passion for delivering great products and experiences to customers on time. Someone who thinks customer-in vs. technology-out.
- High energy, confidence, and ambition--someone who can consistently perform at the highest level in an extremely fast paced, dynamic and high growth environment.
- Candid, direct, and non-political.
- A passion for technology.
About Intuit Inc.
Intuit Inc. (NASDAQ: INTU) is a leading provider of business and financial management solutions for small and mid-sized businesses, consumers and accounting professionals. Our revenues in FY 2008 (ending 31st July 2008) should exceed $3B and reach over 25 million customers. The company has approximately 8,000 employees with major offices across the United States, and offices in Canada, the United Kingdom, and India. Fortune Magazine recognized Intuit as Americas Most Admired Software Company and one of the 100 Best Companies to Work For in 2007.
Our flagship products and services, including QuickBooks®, Quicken® and TurboTax® software, simplify small business management and payroll processing, personal finance, as well as tax preparation and filing. ProSeries® and Lacerte® are Intuit's leading tax preparation software suites for professional accountants. Intuit continues to expand and grow. With the acquisition of Digital Insight in 2007, we began creating the next generation of online banking. By combining our unique blend of customer-driven innovation and emerging technology, we're developing new ways to help banks and credit unions offer easier and simpler online financial services to their consumer and small business customers. Intuit's source of success is a thoughtful blending of intense customer focus and world-class engineering.
No matter where you find us, we remain committed to creating new and easier ways for consumers and businesses to tackle life's financial chores, giving them more time to live their lives and run their businesses. As our business and product lines grow beyond accounting and into new areas, we will build on our heritage of innovation. That's not just our history. It's our future.
Please apply via
so the Hiring Manager/recruiting team can view your information directly.