For a 13 TB database & Travel community:
Senior Warehouse Architect/Engineer
The Senior Warehouse Engineer is part of the Data Warehouse team. The Warehouse is a critical component of the overall technology architecture. The ideal candidate will be part of a 2 person Warehouse Engineering team. He/She will have an opportunity to make an impact and should be excited about being part of the team that makes a difference to the daily lives of our consumers in other parts of the organization, such as Sales, Marketing, Content and Engineering.
This engineer will primarily be responsible for the warehouse ETL system and ongoing report creation and maintenance. Other tasks will include overall warehouse architectural planning, hardware deployment, third party tool evaluations, scalability planning, and optimization of the entire process of getting information into the hands of folks that need it.
The qualified individual will have a proven track record delivering high quality results, while thriving in a quickly paced environment.
• Develop scripts, programs, and schemas to facilitate ETL (extract, transform, and load)
• Maintain and monitor the data warehouse to ensure its proper operation, performance and availability
• Work with other groups to define, produce and refine periodic reports. These reports may include information about web traffic, membership, member activities around the world, commerce, etc. and may be developed using native SQL or third party tools.
• Ensure that periodic (daily, weekly and monthly) reports are delivered in a timely and accurate fashion
• Work with other groups to define, deliver, refine, and execute ad-hoc reports as requested
• Research, propose, plan and implement a strategy to improve any aspects of the Warehouse
• Work with homegrown ETL technology written in JAVA and/or 3rd party systems such as MS SSIS
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 3+ years of experience with a decent sized warehouse (> 500 GB), ETL or datamart applications
• 3+ years of experience on SQL Server 2000/2005. Experience with other relational databases is a plus.
• 2+ years of experience with any shell scripting languages such as ksh, bash
• Experience as a programmer in a JAVA/.NET technologies (C#, VB) environment is a definite plus
• Experience with MDX Scripting and hands-on experience with MS Analysis Services is a definite plus