Our client is looking for a person to fill the newly created role of Director of Analytics. The candidate will work with their clients, prospects and internal teams to help develop business programs and solutions based on advanced analytical tools and techniques. The successful candidate must be able to develop real world business programs from highly advanced modeling and statistical tools – examples include mail list selection, media mix models, CRM programs, retention and acquisition programs and the like. They must be able to clearly and concisely present their findings to non-technical business executives. They will work hands on with and manage a team of three advanced modeling and statistical professionals to create the business requirements and perform the required work including helping produce the work if necessary. As the leader of this team, the selected candidate will work with the VP to identify staffing needs, identify strengths and weaknesses within the team and implement a development and career growth plan for their team members, they will also need to put in place training for newly hired team members as the group expands.
• Identify, scope, propose, and manage the required analysis and interpretation of clients' internal and external data to support business decision-making and developing business programs.
• Create and develop the advanced analytical plans and strategies to improve the effectiveness of marketing programs.
• Work with the business strategy and business analysis teams to provide integrated marketing analysis and recommendations that support business decisions.
• On-site lead for advanced statistical analytical aspects of business for clients.
• Partner with Communication planning, business analysts and client partnership departments to plan and monitor programs.
• Design and recommend appropriate statistical and modeling analytical methodology and approach.
• Hands on management and support of statistical data analysis and modeling team including setting priorities, objectives, staff planning, team training, reviewing/QC work they produce and working with VP to set long term department goals and plans.
• Strong quantitative background (preferred advanced degree in Statistics, Social Science Research, Economics, and Quantitative Marketing)
• Strong proven analytical skills with solid foundation in statistical techniques. (e.g. multiple regression analysis, logistic regression analysis, correspondence analysis, conjoint analysis, cluster analysis, factor analysis and CHAID, etc.)
• Experience in leading data analysts preferred.
• Working knowledge of SAS, and SQL
• Experience in conducting or managing web analytics a plus.
• Direct marketing experience.
• Proven strong oral and written communications / presentation skills especially the ability to explain difficult concepts in simple, applicable business terms.
• Experience in an advertising agency or direct response environment preferred.