Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

Hi All,

Hope all is well.

I think I have reached a right place to ask questions/queries related to analytics.

The reason i'm writing here is to know the best books and links for the beginners who joined in the field of analytics (and having statistics as background).

Your reply will help me a lot for better future.

Thanks,

Vinoth.

Tags: Basic

Views: 878

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hi Vinod,

best to place to start online is statsoft textbook on the net at http://www.statsoft.com/textbook/

this covers most of the concepts of analytics techniques. then you can read book from Tom Davenport.

Analytics at work & Competing on Analytics

Hi Sandeep,

Thank you for your reply.

You are right. "Statsoft textbook" is covering most of the analytics techniques.

When I had a glance at the site got a query. Example, if you take the topic "Association Rules", we will use this concept in Market Basket Analysis (MBA). But I haven't seen this word (MBA) mentioned anywhere in this topic.

Suppose if I'm not aware of MBA technique I could not able to understand the application use of Association Rule.

It would be great if anyone suggest me any site/book which mention the anlaytics technique and the scenario where we can apply.

Please write me incase if I'm not clear.

Thanks in Advance!!!

Regards,

Vinoth.

Hi Vinoth,

I suggest you this books:
- Data Mining Techniques: For Marketing, Sales, and Customer Relationship Management.
- Discovering Knowledge in Data: An Introduction to Data Mining
- Handbook of Statistical Analysis and Data Mining Applications
- Data Mining Techniques in CRM: Inside Customer Segmentation

Thank you Fateh :)

Do we have link to study these books online. If not, can you provide me the author names, so that I can buy.

Thanks again.

Hi vinoth,
Just copy and past the titles of the books on google research tab and you'll find all the information you need.

Okay.. Did the same.

Thanks Fateh.

I just posted something on my blog related to this subject.

http://industrialengineertools.blogspot.com/2011/02/data-mining-boo...

This is some of the best data mining books available.  Some have already been mentioned.

Thank you Larry :)

Hi Vinoth,

Analytics is a vast subject. At the one end, it overlaps with statistics and higher mathematics. At the other, it merges seamlessly with programming and software development. There are a lot of good books written on analytics.

I recently wrote a blog article on this topic.

The list of favourite books into two sections. The first section covers books on the fundamentals of analytics and business statistics. 

The second section consists of books around specific analytic tools or software. These books cover tools like SAS, SPSS, R, SQL and excel.

I hope you find this link useful.

The purpose of this blog is to provide relevant information to those looking to build a career in the field of analytics.

http://blog.jigsawacademy.in

Hi,

This is what I am looking for. You saved my time. Blog is awesome.

Thanks a bunch :)

Regards,

Vinoth

RSS

On Data Science Central

© 2019   AnalyticBridge.com is a subsidiary and dedicated channel of Data Science Central LLC   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service