The LIONbook on machine learning and optimization, written by two of our co-founders, is provided free on a chapter by chapter basis for personal and non-profit usage:
Roberto Battiti, Mauro Brunato.
The LION Way: Machine Learning plus Intelligent Optimization.
Lionsolver, Inc. 2013.
- Chapters 1 and 2 - Introduction and nearest neighbors
- Chapter 3 - Learning requires a method
- Chapter 4 - Linear models
- Chapter 5 - Mastering generalized linear least-squares
- Chapter 6 - Rules, decision trees, and forests
- Chapter 7 - Ranking and selecting features
- Chapter 8 - Specific nonlinear models
- Chapter 9 - Neural networks, shallow and deep
- Chapter 10 - Statistical Learning Theory and Support Vector Machines (SVM)
- Chapter 11 - Democracy in Machine Learning
Read at http://www.lionsolver.com/LIONbook/
Find more interesting books at http://www.analyticbridge.com/group/books