We are seeking a Director- Credit Risk for our clients on the West coast
We are looking for a Director-Credit Risk management for our clients. This is a full time position
The Director, Credit Risk Management will be responsible for assessing and managing the credit risk and collateral requirements associated with energy procurement. Key responsibilities include measuring current and potential credit risk, analyzing counterparty creditworthiness, conducting contract negotiations, and managing collateral requirements.
He/she will manage a team of approximately eight people.
• Drive strategies to measure and manage credit risk and collateral requirements associated with company’s energy portfolios.
• Develop and communicate wholesale energy credit policies. Represent company in proceedings addressing credit policies and practices.
• Oversee analysis of counterparty creditworthiness.
• Negotiate credit terms for energy contracts and credit lines granted by company to others, including obtaining unsecured credit lines from counterparties, negotiating and approving security and netting arrangements, and measuring, monitoring, and fulfilling collateral requirements associated with the energy portfolio.
• Manage collateral requirements between company and its counterparties.
• Measure and report to senior management the current and potential credit exposure associated with the energy portfolios.
• Lead a team of eight credit professionals.
• Minimum of ten years of experience in corporate finance, banking, energy risk management or energy trading, including a progressive record of accomplishments.
• Demonstrated understanding of energy credit exposure management, statistics, credit analysis techniques, security instruments, energy products, bankruptcy law, and energy procurement contracts.
• B.A. or B.S degree. Masters in Business or Finance desirable.
• An executive with keen business acumen and negotiation skills, able to balance risk management priorities with market dynamics and commercial needs.
• A highly organized and detail-oriented professional, able to drive multiple priorities in an intense environment.
• An excellent communicator, able to present risk analysis clearly and cogently to senior management.
• A collaborative individual, able to build strong cross-functional partnerships.
• An effective team leader who can lead, coach, and provide leadership, including strong development of goals, objectives, and performance success criteria.