Business Analytics for Managers: Taking Business Intelligence Beyond Reporting (Wiley and SAS Business Series),
Gert H. N. Laursen
- Hardcover: 272 pages
- Publisher: John Wiley & Sons (20 July 2010)
- ISBN-10: 0470890614
- ISBN-13: 978-0470890615
From the Inside Flap
Data warehousing. Source data.
Business intelligence. You've heard the buzzwords before, but what is your business doing with these priceless mountains of data it generates? Are you using this information properly to gain a competitive edge? Or are you just sitting on it?
Now you can discover how your company can take information created in the general course of business and put it to work to boost corporate performance. Taking a holistic-rather than a technical-approach, Business Analytics for Managers: Taking Business Intelligence Beyond Reporting explores why business analytics (BA) should be important to you, whether you're in sales, marketing, management, finance, HR, production, or analysis.
Business Analytics for Managers provides you with an in-depth look at:
- The ultimate BA model, providing everyone in your business with one common frame of reference for objectives and means
- Maximizing your company's collection of source data
- The functionality of a data warehouse
- Detailed strategies on assessing and prioritizing BA projects
- Development and deployment of information at a functional level
- What BA will look like in the future
- The relationship between business strategies and the BA function
- How BA can work to support the improvement and maintenance of your business's various processes
Filled with sound advice and innovative strategies, this comprehensive resource is for anyone working on information systems implementation-project managers, analysts, report developers, strategists, CIOs, CEOs, CFOs, CxOs, IT leaders, and database specialists-offering practical insights on delivering the right decision support to the right people at the right time.