Tom Davenport Keynoting the WAA Boston Symposium
Location: The Westin Waltham Boston Hotel
Date: Monday, May 23, 2011
Time: 12:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Networking Reception: 5:30 – 7:30 p.m.
Tom Davenport, the President's Chair in Information Technology and Management at Babson College, and renowned author, will headline an impressive list of speakers at theWAA Symposium on May 23 in Boston, MA.
Taking place at the Westin Waltham Boston Hotel, the theme of the event is The Evolution of Analytics. The symposium will address multi-channel analytics strategies across online, offline, social and mobile.
Tom’s presentation will focus on “The New Quantitative Era – Creating Successful Business Change with Analytics”. In this session Tom Davenport, the creator of the “competing on analytics” concept, will describe what it takes to create analytics-driven business change. Hint: it’s not about the math. He’ll address the needed attributes of quantitative analysts, analytics group leaders, analytical decision-makers, and analytical organizational cultures. He’ll describe people and organizations that have made this transition, and how they went about it. Anyone who is currently doing or plans to do analytical work–or any businessperson who would like to benefit from the efforts of analytical people–will take away key lessons from the presentation.
Attendees of this half-day event will hear:
- best practices
- new ideas that can be applied immediately to better meet the continuously evolving challenges and opportunities in the analytics space
The Symposium general session will begin at 12:30 and end at 5:30 with a networking reception immediately following until 7:30pm.
Additional speakers include:
- David Cancel, CEO and Founder of Performable
- Jonathan Corbin, Engagement Manager for Adobe
- Matt Cutler, CEO and Founder of Kibits
- Justin Cutroni, Director for Cardinal Path
- June Dershewitz, Director of Web Analytics and Customer Insight for Apollo Group
- Bill Gassman, Research Director for Gartner
- Eric Hansen, CEO and Founder of SiteSpect
- Lee Isensee, Product Marketing Manager for IBM
- Matthew Langie, Senior Director of Product Marketing for Adobe
- John Lovett, member of WAA Board of Directors and Senior Partner of Web Analytics Demystified
- Mihael Mikek, CEO of Celtra
- Jonathan Mendez, CEO of Yieldbot
- Dennis Mortensen, CEO and Founder of Visual Revenue
- Katie Paine, CEO of KD Paine & Partners
- Judah Phillips, Senior Director of Global Site and Business Analytics & Reporting for Monster Worldwide
- Peter Sanborn, WAA President; Group Manager, Web Analytics for Microsoft Corporation
- Suresh Vittal, Vice President and Practice Leader of Customer Intelligence for Forrester
- Raj Aggarwal, CEO of Localytics
WAA members can register at a discounted fee of $15, and non-members pay only $50 to attend. Register or learn more about the Boston Symposium.
The WAA Boston Symposium is sponsored by:
Stay in the Loop!
Twitter @waaboston LinkedIN WAA Boston Facebook
The Steering Committee of the WAA Boston Symposium is comprised of Jonathan Corbin, Lee Isensee, John Lovett, and Judah Phillips.