Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

This is an opportunity to say good things about the place where you work. Please specify why your company is a great place for analytic professionals:
  • Great people
  • Salary / perks / benefits
  • Research opportunities, state-of-the-art analytics, challenging work
  • Growing field
  • Career path - opportunities for career growth
  • Large analytic team
  • Management listens to analytics recommendations
  • Performance is rewarded
  • Great software, resources and data available
  • etc.
Please specify your experience / background / education if you wish.

Thank you,
Vincent

Views: 2352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Javelin Direct / Enterprise Spectrum

A quick background about me: (to provide context into why I say I like working at Javelin/Enterprise Spectrum )
- Led the consumer insight team at Razorfish
- Led data analysis/insights at SNOCAP - working with the Napster team (Shawn Fanning, etc.)
- Part of Akamai's OR group that developed/improved network routing algorithms for content delivery
- 12+ years in Operations Research / Statistics
- MS, Operations Research/Statistics (UNC-Chapel Hill); B.Eng., Indian Institute of Technology

Now on to why I like working at Javelin/Enterprise Spectrum

- Clear focus on "applied analytics". We don't do Pure Mathematics. We are statisticians who focus on how business profitability can be improved using the various tools offered by Statistics and Operations Research.

- "So what" is a welcome term around here. And we all agree to disagree, if need be.

- Diversity: Of people, background and work. One day I am working on helping a healthcare client understand how to segment healthcare provider communications, and the next day I am optimizing marketing investments for a Fortune 100 telecommunications company. I enjoy working with a team that has different perspectives based on their professional and educational backgrounds: a Ph.D. in Operations Research, a Masters in linguistics, an expert in neural networks...

- Opportunity for personal growth: both within analytics and by interaction with other teams. I have learned about variable digital printing, bill inserts, letter kits, catalogs, USPS regulations (yes!) and not to mention database admins who constantly help me improve my understanding of databases and data structures.

- Part of the Omnicom group: Anything and everything you wanted to learn about advertising is only a question away because we are part of the Omnicom umbrella.
Deloitte Touche - Advance Quantitative Services
Great people - Definitely
Salary / perks / benefits - Above average
Research opportunities, state-of-the-art analytics, challenging work - work on many different projects as well as work with various clients
Growing field - Analytics is still in its infancy with respect to how and where Analytics can payoff industry wide
Career path - opportunities for career growth - Definitely
Large analytic team - approx 40 plus professionals across the US.
Management listens to analytics recommendations - Yes
Performance is rewarded - Yes
Great software, resources and data available - Lots of each

Only reason I left was due to an opportunity to be part of a start up company doing Text Analytics for the Insurance Industry.

30+ years in the P&C Insurance Industry, BS Applied Mathematics, 48+ Grad Hours in Statistics, 30+ years using the SAS Software - specialize in Fuzzy Logic and SAS Consulting
iiA - ISO Innovative Analytics
Great people - Definitely
Salary / perks / benefits - Above average
Research opportunities, state-of-the-art analytics, challenging work - work on many different projects as well as work with various clients
Growing field - Analytics is still in its infancy with respect to how and where Analytics can payoff industry wide
Career path - opportunities for career growth - Definitely
Large analytic team - approx 60 plus professionals across the US.
Management listens to analytics recommendations - Yes
Performance is rewarded - Yes
Great software, resources and data available - Lots of each

Great Place to work, Benefits are above average, Salary above average, Variety of Projects, Bi-Monthly White Papers to increase your analytical skills, Career Growth in a Growing Company, Parent company ISO has lots of CASH and Great Management so stability is secure.

30+ years in the P&C Insurance Industry, BS Applied Mathematics, 48+ Grad Hours in Statistics, 30+ years using the SAS Software - specialize in Fuzzy Logic and SAS Consulting

RSS

On Data Science Central

© 2019   AnalyticBridge.com is a subsidiary and dedicated channel of Data Science Central LLC   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service