Our newsletter has four sections, separated by horizontal lines: Announcements, Message From The Editor, Best Blogs, and Job Ads.
- From our Lavastorm analytics partner: We are building our Lavastorm Analytics Community Group on LinkedIn and would like to invite you to join us. Our membership is comprised of analytic experts, analytic professionals, executives, students and customers of Lavastorm products and others interested in the topics around analytics. Analyticbridge is a regular contributor, and you will find some of our best discussions on Lavastorm's group, e.g. Top 10 business analytic skills to have in 2012 or What is a data scientist?.
- Rapid-I - Founder of open source data mining software Rapid|Miner, Rapid-I provides software, solutions, and services in the fields of predictive analytics, data mining, and text mining. The company concentrates on automatic intelligent analyses on a large-scale base, i.e. for large amounts of structured data like database systems and unstructured data like texts. The open-source data mining specialist Rapid-I enables other companies to use leading-edge technologies for data mining and business intelligence. Click here for details.
- The inaugural Social Media Analytics Summit (San Francisco, April 17-18) is the first ever two-day business conference with a complete focus on social media analytics. Social media analytics enhances customer service, improves brand and reputation management, and measures overall social media success for businesses. Our proven two-day format of presentations, case studies, panels, workshops, exhibitions, and networking opportunities will provide you with all of the information and connections that you need to accurately measure the impact and ROI of your social media initiatives. Register with discount code ABRIDGESMA to save $150!
- Predictive Analytics World, April 25-26, 2012 in Toronto, Ontario is the business event for predictive analytics professionals, managers and commercial practitioners, covering today's commercial deployment of predictive analytics, across industries and across software vendors. The conference delivers case studies, expertise and resources to achieve two objectives:
Bigger Wins: Strengthen the business impact delivered by predictive analytics.
Broader Capabilities: Establish new opportunities with predictive analytics.
PAW Toronto promises to break records as the biggest cross-vendor predictive analytics event ever. PAW's program is packed with the top predictive analytics experts, practitioners, authors and business thought leaders.
- Predictive Analytics Webinar from The Modeling Agency
WEBINAR - “Data Mining: Failure to Launch” ( Free Event: April 10 ) – Learn how to get Predictive Analytics off the ground and into orbit. In this vendor-neutral presentation, participants will learn why more than half of all data mining projects fail or fall short; how to avoid common pitfalls; valuable tips and tricks to enhance predictive modeling performance; why data mining is within their grasp; and how to get started. View event details and register for this Free Webinar.
- Data Mining Courses from The Modeling Agency
COURSES – Predictive Analytics & Data Mining: Model Development & Strategic Implementation ( Apr 23 - 27 Las Vegas | May 14 - 18 Wash-DC ) -- Learn what managers and practitioners really need to know about predictive modeling. The Modeling Agency’s courses are designed to get you up to speed faster and more effectively than any other program available. Highly seasoned consultants convey a comprehensive and highly pragmatic view of data mining from two distinctly different yet highly complementary orientations. Since The Modeling Agency is not a tools vendor, participants enjoy a balanced, broad, and non-promotional perspective of predictive analytics. View full course details and secure registration.
- 2012 BayesiaLab Training Schedule - There is still time to sign up for the upcoming Bayesian Network & BayesiaLab training in Los Angeles, April 18-20. This comprehensive 3-day seminar will be hosted by Bayesia's CEO, Dr. Lionel Jouffe. In this training, Dr. Jouffe will cover everything from the basic principles of Bayesian networks to practical applications from a wide range of industries, using the BayesiaLab software package. All examples are accompanied by practical hands-on exercises, so participants can immediately implement the concepts presented in the course. Also, participants will have access to a full 60-day license of BayesiaLab 5.0 Professional. The fee for the 3-day course is $3,000. Students and teachers are eligible for an academic discount.
Email [email protected] or call +1 888-386-8383 to sign up.
- Los Angeles, CA, April 18-20 (right after the INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics & O.R.)
- Paris, France, June 19-21 (in French)
- Boston, MA, June 26-28
- Toronto, Canada, July 17-19
- Paris, France, September 25-27 (in French)
- San Jose, CA, October (to be held in conjunction with the 2012 Data Mining Camp)
- IE Group Conferences:
- INFORMS Conference on Business Analytics and Operations Research, April 15 – 17, 2012, in Huntington Beach, California, at the beautiful Hyatt Regency Resort and Spa on the beach, is the leading analytics conference for showcasing the strategic use of analytics and O.R. in government and industry. With INFORMS, you don't just get the "what to do," you also get the "how to do it." INFORMS is the largest analytics organization in the world with the leading minds in business analytics counted among its members. Two top industry executives will provide the keynote addresses: Hal Varian of Google and Bob Page of eBay.
Choose from 14 tracks of learning including the analytics process, decision analysis, forecasting and analytics, marketing analytics, and public sector analytics. Take advantage of our Executive Forum and Analytics Connect job fair.
2. Message From The Editor
- Coming soon:
- New LinkedIn group focusing exclusively on fresh and real analytics / data science jobs advertised on Analyticbridge / DataScienceCentral. We will soon start sending invitations to join our new group.
- New blog series about working with a specific company (startup, big company, consulting firm, self-employed): how to get hired, what are the required skills, what is it to work for the company in question, projects, daily life, challenges, rewards, corporate culture, work environment etc. Companies or individuals who want to be featured should contact us.
- Article about what Analyticbridge / DataScienceCentral is: services offered (announcements about books, webinars, training, conferences, jobs, white papers, analytic news, salary surveys and much more), how to leverage it for your career, and what are the different components of our network. This article will help you have a better understanding of who we are and what we offer to visitors, members, subscribers, advertisers and the analytic / data science community in general.
3. Selected News and Contributions
4. Job Section
- Featured job ads
- Data Scientist - Resonate (Reston, VA)
- Quantitative Analyst - Resonate (Reston, VA)
- Director/Manager Analytic Applications - iiA (Jersey City, NJ or Sa...
- Quantitative Research Analyst - Agilex (Springfield, VA)
- Configuration Analyst - Agilex (Springfield, VA)
- Data Scientist, Intern and PhD Positions - AnalyticBridge (US, Euro...
- Sr Principal Engineer - Agilex (Alexandria, VA)
- Quantitative Analyst - Agilex (Springfield, VA)
- Quantitative Manager - Agilex (Alexandria, VA)
- Analytics Principal - Angoss (Washington, DC)
- Analytics Product Manager - Angoss (Washington, DC)
- Data Scientist - Facebook (Menlo Park, CA)
- Manager, Advanced Analytics - Deloitte (Chicago, IL)
- Sr Data Scientist - Paypal (San Jose, CA)
- Director of Analytics - Altius University (San Francisco, CA)
- Enterprise Sales Executive - KXEN (US, US)
- Technical and Presales Architect - KXEN (US, US)
- Strategic Analyst I - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (New Y...
- Senior Data Analyst - Travelocity (Southlake, TX)
- Web and Device Analyst - Barnes and Noble (New York, NY)
- Principal Data Analyst - Travelocity (Southlake, TX)
- Data Analyst - Travelocity (Southlake, TX)
- Director, Retail Analytics - Barnes & Noble (NYC, NY)
- Pricing Analyst - Barnes & Noble (NYC, NY)
- Sr. Data Scientist - Con-way Freight (Ann Arbor, MI)
- Analyst of Customer Insight - Neiman Marcus (Dallas, TX)
- Research Project Director (Chicago, IL)
- Data Scientist, Intern and PhD Positions - AnalyticBridge (US, Euro...
- Sr Researcher - CIRCLE, Tufts University (Medford, MA)
- Data Mining Scientist - Apple Data Mining Lab (Austin, TX)
- Fraud Data Analyst - Wells Fargo (Portland, OR)
- Lead Architect, Big Data Analytics Platform - Skype (London, UK)
- Software Engineer, Big Data Analytics Platform - Skype (London, UK)
- Researcher - CIRCLE, Tisch College (Medford, MA)
- Enrollment Research Analyst (Indianapolis, IN)
- Data Analytics Consulting Partner/Director (US, US)
- Visit DataShaping to search many more jobs by location, date posted and/or keywords.
- Recently advertised: AnalyticTalent.com | DataShaping.com.
- Web Analytics - AnalyticCircle.com
- Post a job ad on our network.
- Follow us on Twitter: @datashaping (jobs) | @analyticbridge (news)
This newsletter is sent monthly to AnalyticBridge / DataShaping members and subscribers, as well as members of our LinkedIn group and connections. To subscribe, click here. To unsubscribe, please follow the instructions below. To advertise with us, visit our e-store.