Full job description:
Hanover Direct, Inc. is a direct marketer of high-quality, branded merchandise through a portfolio of catalogs and websites in the home fashions, apparel and gift categories. Their catalogs include, The Company Store, Company Kids, Domestications, Silhouettes, and Undergear. The Company also manufactures comforters and pillows sold through Hanover catalogs and specialty retailers.
This professional will:
Qualification and Requirements
- Understand the business value of any analysis and become a internal consultant to the marketing team
- Utilize a broad range of quantitative techniques -- data programming (SQL) as well as statistical methods and mathematical models -- on a wide range of quantitative projects for continued refinement of database marketing, customer segmentation, research, and customer selection for all the business lines.
- Continue the efforts to better understand customer buying behavior across all brands and ensure accuracy of customer lifetime value metrics.
- Evaluate new analytic techniques aimed at optimizing general consumer data, purchase history and outside overlays.
- Retrieve data from the data warehouse using tools/languages such as SQL.
- Provide insight for new offer development and customer contact strategies
- Liaison with outside firms for model development and implementation, overlay data, marketing research, analytical software, etc.
Technical Background on the opportunity:
- This role requires a strong proficiency in one or more quantitative disciplines such as statistics, econometrics, operations research, applied mathematics, quantitative methods, research methodology, financial engineering, etc. Bachelors and Advanced degree required.
- Proven knowledge/experience with various analytic techniques, predictive/segmentation modeling scenarios, (Logistic and OLS Regression, Decision Trees, Neural Nets, Multivariate Analysis, Factor and Cluster Analysis).
- Working knowledge with data management queries and related applications such as the following is desirable: SQL, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access, VBA.
- Knowledge of statistical applications/analytical tools (i.e., SPSS, SAS, or Business Objects). Strong Unix and PC skills with knowledge of Microsoft Suite of Products.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
The present Data Warehouse environment is designed around the business requirements of a number of production processes such as customer name selection for mailings, email information selection for mailings, list rental order processing and process management, extraction of select information for clients and coops as well as others. Tools to facilitate this type of extraction in the past have been SQL, SAS (with an SQL interface) and RME (a SAS front end application.) This requires a good comfort level with data in a raw form rather than data which has been matched to code tables.
Contact information: click on www.datashaping.com/jobs17131x.shtml