Job ID: 4319629
Company Name: Viewpointe
Job Duration: Indefinite
Required Travel: 0-10%
Position Title: Research and Knowledge Manager
Industry: Banking / Accounting / Financial
Min Education: BA/BS/Undergraduate
Location(s): Parsippany, New Jersey, United States
Posted: March 28, 2008
Min Experience: 3-5 Years
Job Function: Marketing
Job Type: Full-Time
Salary - High: 125000.00
Salary - Type: Yearly Salary
Entry Level: No
APPLY FOR THIS JOB
Contact Person: John Gwynn
Email Address: john.gwynn [at] viewpointe.com
Phone: 704 602-6656
Fax: 704 602-6669
Looking for the next big challenge in your financial services career?
Want to influence the changing face of the payments business?
Viewpointe provides essential payments technology solutions to financial institutions and we are in the midst of setting our strategy. Join our team as a Research and Knowledge Manager and help power the future of financial services. Working for the marketing director, you will join an exciting team of professionals at a leading company in financial technology. The market research and knowledge manager provides leadership and intelligence that drives our product, strategy, and marketing functions while also supporting our revenue generation efforts.
Successful candidates will have:
- Bachelors degree (or equivalent experience) with focus in marketing/market research mandatory; MBA preferred
- At least 5 years of prior experience in a combination of primary market research and analysis.
- Mandatory experience in the financial services industry, with prior payments experience being a plus.
- Experience with technology or in a high-tech industry is also strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of establishing and managing relationships with research vendors and/or industry analysts to deliver actionable findings on time and on budget.
- A history of thinking strategically and executing successfully using strong analytical and interpersonal skills at all levels of an organization (both written and verbal).
- The ability to work in a dynamic and fast moving environment while managing multiple projects concurrently.
- The passion, integrity, and accountability to advocate business actions based on hard data, while being flexible enough to recognize and accommodate changing business conditions.
- Proven experience with conducting customer and market analysis in order to build corporate intelligence.
- Experience with facilitating working sessions to help business groups implement change based on research findings.
During the performance of the role, the successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Working with Marketing Director, define strategy, plan and budget for the research and knowledge management function.
- Produce and execute upon a comprehensive research and knowledge management strategy for Viewpointe, delivering actionable results.
- Establish and maintain a knowledge management portal and policy for use by all Viewpointe employees.
- Manage the delivery of activities within the function, such as research papers, competitive analysis, market and product opportunity studies, etc.
- Manage relationships with research vendors to ensure execution of the research agenda.
- Ensure consistency in delivery of research analysis.
- Measure the impact of research within the corporate objectives and contribute to the measurement of the marketing function as a whole.
- Manage competitive intelligence, including mapping of competitive landscape, along with monitoring and position against key competitors.
- Manage market-sizing activities.
- Provide internal analysis of research papers etc., for the benefit of internal stakeholders.
- Manage and consult with external research analysts to ensure maximum return for Viewpointe.
- Manage budget and deliverables.
So, what else is in it for you?
Along with the rare opportunity to strongly influence the future strategy and market approach of a prominent financial services organization, we provide a competitive salary and incentive plan, leading-edge benefits and a commitment to growth and development. The successful candidate will work with accomplished, motivated professionals in a NY/NJ area office environment. Please send resumes in MS Word documents and a letter outlining how this position fits your background to:
John Gwynn, Director of Human Resources, john.gwynn [at] viewpointe.com
Please visit our website at www.viewpointe.com.
Please mention datashaping.com when applying. Thank you.