Originally posted in OCR. I've never heard about many of these programs (see top 10 below), and I have questions regarding the methodology used for rankings:
- Affordability (1/3):the overall cost of the program and/or credit hour.
- Flexibility (1/3): the number of credit hours and/or the length of time it takes to obtain the degree
- Requirements (1/3): the variety of admissions requirements and/or prerequisite classes needed to qualify for the program
Source for picture: where data scientists live
Other organizations such as IEEE rank programs according to ROI, which is in my opinion a better metric, but more difficult to measure. Anyway, here's the list:
- Deakin University Australia - Offered fully online through the Faculty of Law and Business, students can earn a Master of Business Analytics in just 1.5 years, attending online classes as a full-time or part-time student. The degree is composed of eight core classes and a business project elective. To be considered, applicants must have a bachelor’s degree or three years of work experience in business. Overall tuition cost is $24,150.
- La Salle University - For those wanting a Masters in Analytics, the College of Professional & Continuing Studies at La Salle University allows students to earn a degree with just 10 courses, including data mining, data visualization and modeling and simulation of data analytics. Potential students must have a bachelor’s degree with a GPA of 3.0 or more. Tuition is $850 per credit.
- Northwestern University - The School of Professional Studies at Northwestern University currently offers a Master of Science in Information Systems with a Concentration in Business and Analytics. This online program is composed of 10 courses and offers seven areas of specialization, including database and Internet technologies, information system security, project management, information systems management, medical informatics, information systems, and analytics and business intelligence. Students also have the unique opportunity to utilize IBM resources during the tenure as graduate student. Potential students must have a bachelor’s degree or three years of work experience to apply. Taking the GRE is strongly recommended. Overall cost for the degree is $49,962.
- Union Graduate College - The School of Management at Union Graduate College offers a Master of Science in Healthcare Data Analytics. Students can complete the degree in just a year. The coursework is composed of 12 courses, covering healthcare operations research, data analytics and business intelligence. Applicants must provide college transcripts and resumes to be considered for the program. Tuition is $2,995 per course.
- Emporia State College - The School of Library and Information Management at Emporia State College offers a Master of Science in Informations. Students can earn their degree over the course of two years taking as little as two courses per semester. The program is made up of 36 sequenced credits. Potential students must have a bachelor’s and a GPA of 3.0 to apply. Tuition is $227 per credit hour.
- Dakota State University - For those wanting a Masters of Science in Analytics, Dakota State University offer a robust degree, with three different tracks to choose from, including general studies, information systems, or healthcare analytics. The degree is made up of 24 credit hours and students must complete computer science and statistics at the undergraduate level to be considered. Tuition is $431.25 per credit hour.
- Philadelphia University - The Kanbar College of Design, Engineering, and Commerce offers a Masters of Science in Modeling, Simulation and Data Analytics. Over the course of 30 credits, students will focus on systems modeling and simulation, as well as data visualization and decision support. Graduate students must present a capstone project as their final course. Applicants should submit their undergraduate transcript and current resume to be considered. Tuition is $1,050 per credit.
- Pennsylvania State University - The Eberly College of Pennsylvania State University offers a Master of Applied Statistics. The 30-credit degree can be earned in as little as two years. Students are required to have an undergraduate background in math, including calculus and statistics before starting core classes. Elective classes cover everything from design of experiments, applied time series analysis, and applied learning of data mining and statistical learning. Tuition is $784 per credit.
- Oakland University - The School of Business Administration at Oakland University offers a Master of Science in Information Technology Management in Business Analytics that can be completed in just one year. The degree is composed of 30 credit hours, and students must split their time from taking classes on campus and online, and complete a capstone project after taking core and elective classes. Potential students must have a bachelor’s degree and have completed the GRE or GMAT within the last five year to be considered. Tuition is $12,330 per full-time semester.
- John Hopkins University - The Krieger School of Arts and Sciences offers a Master of Science in Geographic Information Systems. The 30-credit-hour degree is composed for five four classes, four electives and one capstone project. Online class availability may vary. Potential students must complete undergraduate courses in math and statistics. Tuition is $3,600 per class.
Read full list
Follow us on Twitter: @DataScienceCtrl | @AnalyticBridge