Several contributions added today. More to come in the next few days. It has now 37 articles and 86 pages. You can download it (at no cost) at http://www.analyticbridge.com/group/data-science/forum/topics/data-...
Part I - Data Science Recipes
- New random number generator: simple, strong and fast
- Lifetime value of an e-mail blast: much longer than you think
- Two great ideas to create a much better search engine
- Identifying the number of clusters: finally a solution
- Online advertising: a solution to optimize ad relevancy
- Example of architecture for AaaS (Analytics as a Service)
- Why and how to build a data dictionary for big data sets
- Hidden decision trees: a modern scoring methodology
- Scorecards: Logistic, Ridge and Logic Regression
- Iterative Algorithm for Linear Regression
- Approximate Solutions to Linear Regression Problems
- Theorems for Traders
- Preserving metric and score consistency over time and across clients
- Advertising: reach and frequency mathematical formulas
- Real Life Example of Text Mining to Detect Fraudulent Buyers
- Discount optimization problem in retail analytics
- Sales forecasts: how to improve accuracy while simplifying models?
- How could Amazon increase sales by redefining relevancy?
- How to build simple, accurate, data-driven, model-free confidence intervals
- Comprehensive list of Excel errors, inaccuracies and use non-standard statistical definitions
- 10+ Great Metrics and Strategies for Email Campaign Optimization
Part II - Data Science Discussions
- Statisticians Have Large Role to Play in Web Analytics (AMSTAT interview)
- Future of Web Analytics: Interview with Dr. Vincent Granville
- Connecting with the Social Analytics Experts
- Interesting note and questions on mathematical patents
- Big data versus smart data: who will win?
- Creativity vs. Analytics: Are These Two Skills Incompatible?
- Barriers to hiring analytic people
- Salary report for selected analytical job titles
- Are we detailed-oriented or do we think "big picture", or both?
- Why you should stay away from the stock market
- Gartner Executive Programs' Worldwide Survey of More Than 2,300 CIOs
- Analysts Explore Cloud Analytics at Gartner Business Intelligence Summit 2012
- One Third of Organizations Plan to Use Cloud Offerings to Augment BI Capabilities
- Twenty Questions about Big Data and Data Sciences
- Interview with Drew Rockwell, CEO of Lavastorm
Part III - Data Science Resources
- Vincent’s list