Subscribe to DSC Newsletter

Hi,

What about Google Analytics? I know they give you pretty decent statistics about your website. 

But what about a goverment organisation in Europe. Should they use Google Analytics since their information might be sensitive and should not be on Google Analytics US-servers. 

What's your take on this matter?

Views: 214

Replies to This Discussion

I am curious. What information might be sensitive? Individuals are not identifiable unless you use "custom variables" and write some code on your website. You do not see IP ADDRESS. But you can see what domain the visitor is coming from. 

"Google Analytics anonymously tracks how visitors interact with a website, including where they came from, what they did on a site, and whether they completed any of the site's conversion goals."  from - How does Google Analytics work?

And the Google data center can be in US, Finland, or Belgium. I think the Finland data center is the most interesting. They use sea water to help cool the computers.

I was thinking the same. It's not sensitve information that is stored on Google's servers. It's just hard to explain that to the organization i work for.

But then again, their are some login-area's on the site for some paid services. Your saying that it might be a different issue for those pages?

Im currently listing all the wishes of the people that work or might want to work with web analytics in the organization. It is quit a large organisation with a large group of customers.
I actually don't know for sure if the website is hosted on our own private server. The person I can ask that question will be in the office tomorrow.
At the moment package used is Digital Analytix by ComScore. Im looking into the web analytic needs to see if this package is right for the organization, or that it might be an overkill since it has so many options.

Thanks for the help. I will post here how things are going.

RSS

On Data Science Central

© 2019   AnalyticBridge.com is a subsidiary and dedicated channel of Data Science Central LLC   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service