- Civil Engineering masters degree in 'applied mathematics' and computer science (numerical methods and computations) at KULeuven
- postgraduate in management science at KULeuven
- "Master of statistics" degree at KULeuven
- various working experience in analytical functions (research oriented and in some application areas) at 3 companies and in 2 government institutes
- was research assistent in statistics at UGent, dept 'Applied maths & computer science'
- last 3 years: active in information security
Statistics is a great science, as it is thoroughly founded on the robust and exact mathematical science and as it gives access to all possible application areas, ranging from technical stuff to economical, social and medical topics... No issue exists in real world that can't be quantified in a reliable way without statistical and mathematical skills!