A Data Science Central Community
A market basket analysis or recommendation engine  is what is behind all these recommendations we get when we go shopping online or whenever we receive targeted advertising. The underlying engine collects information about people’s habits and knows that if people buy pasta and wine, they are usually also interested in pasta sauces. So, the next time you go to the supermarket and buy pasta and wine, be ready to get a recommendation for some pasta sauce!
A typical analysis goal…
The strategy is very easy to describe:
1. Divide the domain of your function in k sub intervals.
2. Initialize k monomials;
3. Consider the monomials as centroids of your clustering algorithm.
4. Assign the points of the function to each monomial in compliance to the cluster algo.
5. Use the gradient descent to adjust the parameters of each monomial.
6. Go to 4. until the accuracy is good enough.
Read the entire post at:…Continue
Added by Cristian Mesiano on December 15, 2011 at 11:00am — No Comments