A Data Science Central Community
The position would be located in Ebay’s Whitman Campus (Campbell, CA)
Business Title – Sr. Manager – Vertical Analytics
Position Type – Full Time Employee
Description - The Site Analytics group is responsible for delivering business insights and high impact analyses to the Global eBay Marketplace businesses (eg: eBay.com, eBay.co.uk). Within this group, teams partner with business unit clients to address strategic and operational questions facing the business including user behavior, supply and demand dynamics, performance measurement, and product and marketing efficiency.
We are currently looking for a Senior Manager to join the team to provide support to eBay’s Seller Relationship Mgmt team. This position will report into the Director of Seller & Vertical analytics and will be responsible for leading a team of analysts with a specific focus on understanding the performance drivers of eBay sellers. This individual will partner with the Seller Strategy, Search, and Verticals Experience teams to meet their analytic needs and conduct extensive analyses of eBay's rich data, generating insights, and communicating those insights to the team to guide the project roadmap. In the process, this person will develop a deep understanding of eBay Marketplaces and site functionality, further strengthen their analytic, leadership, and presentation skills, and gain exposure to a wide variety of functional teams within eBay.
* Lead a team of trust analysts to build strong analytic, communication and presentation skills
* Independently execute analysis
* Become subject-matter expert on our top sellers and their contribution to the buyer experience through quality, selection & value
* Build out fact base through deep and innovative analysis of eBay's large and rich datasets
* Compile analysis from other analytics teams to build comprehensive analytical view of the seller experience
* Drive insights from the fact base to improve the seller experience
* Partner with the Inventory team to evaluate hypotheses for potential projects to improve selection on the site
* Work cross-functionally with Information Management & Delivery (data/reporting infrastructure) team to provide ad hoc analytic support for senior management
* Continue to evaluate existing business reporting and identify opportunities for improvement
* Work cross-functionally to tie Top Seller Analytics output in to the work from other teams. The role is data and analytically intensive. Successful candidates will offer a strategic perspective, sound business judgment, deep analytical capabilities, and a collaborative working style. They will possess strong intellectual curiosity, and a passion for achieving practical business impact. Skills in problem definition, rigorous analysis, and recommendation development will also be critical. Successful candidates will have exceptional interpersonal skills, initiative, integrity, and will have experience leading a team of analysts to achieve their potential.
* 3-5+ years experience, ideally at a management consulting firm, retailer, investment bank, or financial services company.
* Exceptional business judgment and quantitative analytic ability.
* Strong communication skills and experience distilling and presenting complex quantitative analysis.
* Experience leading and developing a team of analysts
* Strong academic profile with an emphasis on quantitative coursework (e.g., degree in Mathematics/Statistics, Computer Science, Economics, Econometrics or Engineering).
* Expert Excel, Access and PowerPoint skills; experience with database query tools (e.g., SQL); and a basic understanding of data warehouse architecture are required. Proficiency with statistical analysis tools (e.g., SAS, SPSS) is a plus.
* Experience in web/product analytics is preferred but not required.
* Strong interpersonal skills including ability to present insights and recommendations persuasively. Skill and confidence in dealing with people at all levels of the organization are essential.
* Intellectual curiosity, passion for problem-solving, and comfort with ambiguity.
* High energy and a desire to work in a results-oriented, fast growth environment.
* Ability to thrive in a cross-functional environment while juggling multiple responsibilities.
* A passion for ecommerce and an understanding of the unique aspects of the eBay business.
Interested candidates may contact [email protected]