A Data Science Central Community
At the request of colleagues and clients, we have compiled a standard set of useful books on the crucial topic of how to manage data assets. If you are looking to learn more about data management and related topics, consider getting this "5-Book Data Management Starter Library"
1. The Data Governance Imperative by Steve Sarsfield, a respected industry veteran like the other authors on this list. His book is practical and readible...very helpful on a key subject, data governance, which is an inportant place to start.
2. The DAMA Guide to the Data Management Body of Knowledge (DAMA-DMBOK...
More comprehensive than other books, this is the definitive collection of data management knowledge from the leading association dedicated to this topic (DAMA). Also Available on CD!
3. Executing Data Quality Projects: Ten Steps to Quality Data and Trus... by Danette McGilvray. Practical, step by step approach to Data Quality. Comprehensive yet Practical. You can customize this to projects and get a lot done!
4. Master Data Management (The MK/OMG Press) by David Loshin. Contains an excellent combination of frameworks and practical details. An excellent start to your reading on Master Data Management.
5. Data Quality: The Accuracy Dimension (The Morgan Kaufmann Series in...: shorter than other data quality books, but excellent.
We hope this is helpful! Feel free to add more books in the comments if you would like.
Comments are closed for this blog post