Booking.com, part of Priceline.com listed in NASDAQ, is a market leader in online hotel reservations in Europe. Since 1996 our Finance Team has expanded to more than 200 financial professionals, mostly based in Amsterdam, the company's global headquarters. We believe that the passion and talent of our employees is our strength and is what drives us towards outstanding performance.
Does a successful career to you mean challenges and delivering results?
We offer a dynamic, motivating and sophisticated work environment. A culture that is open, innovative and performance orientated. Our scale and scope, commitment to people and high standards of integrity make Booking.com a great place to work.
If you would like to be part of a truly international company and finance team, if you think you can make a difference, have a closer look at this job opening.
Technical Business Analyst
As a result of continued rapid growth we are currently seeking a Technical Business Analyst.
The successful candidate will be a key member of the FP&A team and will be responsible for the development and project management of current and future FP&A reporting and system improvements and further developments. You will report to the Director Financial Planning and Analysis and will be based in our headquarters in Amsterdam. This role requires a dynamic person with combined IT, Database, data mining and analytical skills, who can demonstrate ability in detailed analysis. A core aspect of the role is supporting development in report writing and customer queries.
- Gather business requirements and translate them to system requirements, adhering to best practice and global processes where feasible;
- Support the FP&A end user community and provide training;
- Create system documentation as required to support the end users and the system, ensuring the full functionality is utilized;
- Provide system support and act as a super user for FP&A systems;
- Responsible for managing regular update projects and improvements to FP&A systems;
- Proactively analyze current systems and processes and seek better alternatives or improvements where necessary, liaising with the IT, Strategic Partnerships and Web marketing teams to ensure changes are completed;
- Function as an escalation point for systems questions and issues raised by end users, and co-ordinate further escalation and resolution where required;
- Successfully manage communication and relationships with the key internal stakeholders at all levels;
- Prepare reports and statistics in support of Finance data and operations.
- Minimum 4 years experience in a similar role;
- Strong technical, analytical, and planning skills;
- Background in analytics, mathematics, IT or engineering is desired;
- High Proficiency in MS Office including Excel, Outlook, Sharepoint and VBA;
- Strong SQL skills and Databases in general ;
- Experience in Hyperion or any other ERP system is an advantage;
- Able to work in an Agile results orientated international environment;
- Experience with business intelligence tooling will be an advantage;
- Flexible, proactive, hands-on mentality;
- Organized, proactive and results oriented;
- Strong team-working skills with ability to work independently, and work well with colleagues at all levels in the organization;
- Self-starter capable of working on own initiative;
- Excellent communication and customer management skills, both orally and in writing, at all levels;
- Open minded to consider all facts and perspectives in decision making process;
- Excellent communication skills (both written and verbal) in English (and preferably another language as well).
Interested? Please follow this link: www.booking.com/jobs